Know the Regionalisms in Campeche, so you can enjoy more your visit to this state and you will better understand the talks with its beautiful local people.
Regionalisms in Campeche, as in other states in Mexico, have a rich variety of phrases or words that are distinguished for being many of these used only in this region. We present you some of the best known and used regionalisms in Campeche that can help you to better understand the conversations with the people of this beautiful state.
¡ Aguas !: It is their way of warning someone of some danger to be careful.
- “¡ Aguas ! con ese perro Don Pepe, es muy agresivo”, ( watch out ! with that dog Don Pepe, he is very aggressive )
- “¡ Aguas ! no te vayas a caer en ese hoyo”. ( watch out ! don’t you fall into that hole )
¡ Ay Madre !: It is their way of expressing surprise at some bad news.
- “Doña Lucha, fíjese que a mi sobrino le robaron su coche – ¡ Ay madre ! “. ( Dona Lucha, you know that my nephew had his car stolen – oh, mother ! )
- “Creeras que al hijo de mi vecino Paco le dio un paro cardiaco – ¡ Ay madre ! “. ( You know that my neighbor’s son Paco had a heart attack – Oh, mother! )
A la bestia !: It is their way of expressing doubt about something that has happened.
- “¡ Casi muero anoche ! A la bestia ¿ qué pasó ?”. ( I almost died last night ! – really, what happened ? )
- “Mi amigo Mauro murió ayer. A la bestia ¿De qué murió?”. ( My friend Mauro died yesterday – really, What did he died of ? )
Te pasas de lanza: It is their way of saying that a person crossed the limits in a situation.
- “Ayer, te pasaste de lanza con Jimena al contarle lo de su ex novio”, ( Yesterday, you exceeded the limit with Jimena when telling her about her ex boyfriend )
- “No te pases de lanza conmigo te preste los libros no te los regale.” ( Do not exceed the limit with me, I will lend you the books, I will not give them to you )
¡ Híjole !: It is their way of expressing surprise or admiration.
- “¡ Híjole ! se me olvido que tenia junta a las 2.” ( oh! I forgot that I had a meeting at 2 )
- “¡ Híjole ! se me quemaron los frijoles.” ( oh ! my beans burned )
¡ A su mecha !: it is their way of expressing surprise at some half serious incident
- “¡ A su mecha ! Olvidé las llaves de mi casa ¿como entro ahora?” ( Jeez! I forgot the keys to my house, now how do I enter? )
- “¡ A su mecha !, me lastime la rodilla”. ( Oh men ! I hurt my knee )
Ta bueno: It is their way of saying that it is okay or agrees with something
- “Entonces llámame esta noche – Ta bueno, te llamaré.” ( So call me tonight – okay, I’ll call you )
- “Hay una fiesta esta noche, ¿vienes con nosotros? Ta bueno“. ( There is a party tonight, are you coming with us? yes )
Cómo va ser :it is their way of saying how is this possible?
These are just some of the regionalisms in Campeche, when you visit somewhere in this state
Don’t forget to practice them !
Other Articles of Interest
Get to know the Regionalisms in Oaxaca to enjoy your visit to this state more and better understand the talks with its beautiful local people.The regionalisms in Oaxaca are part of its culture with a rich variety of phrases or words very peculiar to this region. We...
Regionalisms in Guadalajara. Get to know some of the most used tapatías words in this beautiful city.Regionalisms in Guadalajara have a rich variety of phrases or words that are used daily by people from Guadalajara. Here we present you some of the best known and used...
Get to know the regionalisms in Tijuana to better enjoy your visit to this city and thus living with its beautiful people is more enjoyable for you.As in other cities in Mexico, Tijuana has a rich variety of phrases or words that are distinguished for being used only...
Tradicional Delights of Oaxaca includes traditional food that characterizes the state of Oaxaca and is recognized for its exquisite flavor.Oaxaca is one of the states with the greatest diversity of ethnic and cultural groups in Mexico and thanks to this it has a...
Distinguished Dishes of Baja California Sur includes those that have traditionally been distinguished throughout the state for years. The cuisine of Baja California Sur is based mostly on seafood products, particularly fish and shellfish from the region. Its...
The outstanding dishes of Baja California include those that have traditionally distinguished themselves for years throughout the region.The cuisine of Baja California is based mostly on seafood products, particularly fish and shellfish from the region. Its tourist...