At BestMex, we are concerned about the health and well-being of everyone, we believe that staying informed about what is happening in relation to COVID-19 helps us make better decisions and plan better. Stay
Due to COVID-19 the United States and Mexico have extended the restriction “non-essential” travel between the two countries until October 21, 2020 – 11:59 EDT.
Can a US citizen or legal resident return to the United States?
Yes, the return of American citizens or legal residents to the United States is considered an essential trip.
What are "non-essential" trips?
“Non-essential” trips include trips that are tourist or recreational in nature.
- People traveling for tourism purposes (eg tourism, recreation, gambling, or cultural events).
What are "essential" trips?
“essential” trips include the following:
- Citizens and legal permanent residents returning to the United States.
- People who travel for medical purposes to receive medical treatment.
- Individuals who travel to attend educational institutions.
- People who travel to work in the United States (for example, people who work in the agricultural industry who must travel between the United States and Mexico to promote such work).
- Individuals traveling for emergency response and public health purposes (for example, government officials or emergency personnel entering the United States to support the efforts of the federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial government to respond to COVID- 19 or other emergencies);
- Individuals engaged in legal cross-border trade (for example, truckers who support the movement of cargo between the United States and Mexico).
- Individuals Engaged in Official Government Travel or Diplomatic Travel.
- Members of the US Armed Forces. USA, and their spouses and children, who return to the United States.
- People involved in military-related travel or operations.
What to expect when crossing the border into Mexico?
According to the Instituto Nacional de Migración in Mexico, people who enter Mexico are subject to:
A medical checkup that uses a laser to measure your temperature.
Questions about your current health status and the countries to which you have recently traveled.
DON’T forget that Stay Well Informed COVID-19 is a positive way to carry the daily routine at home.
Other Articles of Interest
Regionalisms in Guadalajara. Get to know some of the most used tapatías words in this beautiful city.Regionalisms in Guadalajara have a rich variety of phrases or words that are used daily by people from Guadalajara. Here we present you some of the best known and used...
Know the Regionalisms in Campeche, so you can enjoy more your visit to this state and you will better understand the talks with its beautiful local people.Regionalisms in Campeche, as in other states in Mexico, have a rich variety of phrases or words that are...
Get to know the regionalisms in Tijuana to better enjoy your visit to this city and thus living with its beautiful people is more enjoyable for you.As in other cities in Mexico, Tijuana has a rich variety of phrases or words that are distinguished for being used only...