TRAVELING TO MEXICO
Crossing the border between United States/Canada and Mexico, requires basic and relevant information that needs to be considered when you travel by car. BestMex.com offers the main links that you can visit to plan your trip in advance. Make sure to visit at least those with an asterisk as they include obligatory processes that you need before crossing the border:
*Temporary Import vehicle Permit
If you travel to Mexico (beyond the border zone), with an American licensed vehicle, you need to get this permit. For more details please click here.
Take a look to the 'Guía Paisano' (Paisano Guide)
Which contains basic information and tips when you travel and visit Mexico.
*Everything about the Mexican customs
Information and guidance on procedures, declarations and restrictions before entering Mexico.
American Embassy and Consulates in Mexico
If necessary, you may contact the closer
|Baja California Norte||Tijuana|
|Tamaulipas||Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo|
|Mexico City||Mexico City|
U.S. Department of State
Tips to travel to Mexico and emergency contacts published U.S. Department of State
Driving in Mexico:
- Make sure your registration and driver's license are valid. Your vehicle can be impounded if you don't carry them.
- Purchase Mexican auto insurance.
- Make two copies of your Mexican insurance policy; one to keep with you and one to inside the vehicle. In case the vehicle is stolen, it will facilitate proving ownership.
Rules on the road:
- Traffic violation laws vary from state to state
- Did you know? If you get pulled over by the police in: Tijuana, Rosarito, Mexicali o Ensenada; you may request your ticket to the officer, and pay in the United States, sending your payment to the following offices:
H. Ayuntamiento de Tijuana 416 W San Ysidro Blvd Suite L No. 725 San Ysidro, CA 92143 Make the check or mon