Rules of the road:
Traffic violation laws vary from state to state. Read the following general rules when driving your car in Mexico:
• Yellow lights are a signal to stop, not just to slow down.
• In many cases, the "fast lane" is a passing lane only. You should move over into the slow lane once you pass someone.
• Lanes can merge much quicker (with not much time to merge).
• Using a cell phone while driving is a major traffic violation.
• Watch for crosswalks, in many areas pedestrians have the right-of-way.
• Driving boundaries or "comfort zones" are smaller, people will drive closer.
• Keep your distance from the vehicle in front of you, as many times the brake lights do not work.
• It is wise to avoid driving at night.
• Speed limits are stated in kilometers (1 mile = 1.6 kilometers).
• Drive slower than the maximum speed limit, never over the limit. 60 mph = 100 km/hr
• In the United States gets used to driving faster than the legal speed; in Mexico NO.
For more information visit our article: