U.S. Department of State
Tips to travel to Mexico and emergency contacts published U.S. Department of State
Driving in Mexico:
- Make sure your registration and driver's license are valid. Your vehicle can be impounded if you don't carry them.
- Purchase Mexican auto insurance
- Make two copies of your Mexican insurance policy; one to keep with you and one to inside the vehicle. In case the vehicle is stolen, it will facilitate proving ownership.
Rules on the road:
- Traffic violation laws vary from state to state
- Did you know? If you get pulled over by the police in: Tijuana, Rosarito, Mexicali o Ensenada; you may request your ticket to the officer, and pay in the United States, sending your payment to the following offices:
H. Ayuntamiento de Tijuana 416 W San Ysidro Blvd Suite L No. 725 San Ysidro, CA 92143 Make the check or mon